Types of Personal Data We Collect
Rooted Farmers may collect personal data that you provide us. This information may include:
- Account and contact information, such as your business name, contact name, mailing address, email address, telephone or cellphone numbers and similar data.
- Transaction information, such as the purchases you make or items you sell on or through the Services.
- Payment information (including payment card information and billing information) as necessary to complete transactions with you. Payment card information is processed by our payment service provider in accordance with its own privacy policies and terms, which apply to any payment information it collects from you.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you make requests for further information regarding Rooted Farmers products or services, or subscribe to newsletters, blog posts or other online services.
Rooted Farmers also collects personal data automatically when you use the Services, including:
- Device and network data, such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of web browser you use, mobile device carrier, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Usage data, such as referring website and pages accessed on our Site, browsing times, time spent visiting a page, and any other actions you take on the Services during a session.
Use of Personal Data
Rooted Farmers uses personal data for the following purposes:
- Service delivery, as necessary to allow you to access and use the Services. This includes creating and maintaining your account, providing access to the Services, facilitating payments and transactions, and communicating with you about the Services.
- Service development and improvement, including analytics to allow us to understand how our Services are used. We may use and analyze personal data for analysis, improvement and product development purposes, including for error tracking and troubleshooting, to develop aggregated or de-identified statistics, to analyze and improve the Services, to identify usage trends, and to operate and expand our business activities.
- Compliance and integrity. We may use personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities. We may also use personal data to protect our or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims), enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity.
With Whom We Share Information
Sharing Personal Data Through the Services. When you transact on the Services, you may disclose your personal data to the party with which you transact. For example, if you buy flowers from a local merchant on our online marketplace, the merchant will receive your personal data to facilitate your transaction.
In addition, Rooted Farmers may share the personal data with others as described below:
- (a) Service Providers - We work together with certain service providers who are acting on our behalf to allow us to provide the Services, including cloud hosting, analytics, customer relationship management, marketing, IT support, and other services.
- (b) Advertising Partners - We may share personal data with third party advertising companies, where permitted by applicable laws, including to serve targeted advertising about our Services on other websites and online platforms.
- (c) Mergers and Reorganizations - In the event of a corporate reorganization, such as a merger, acquisition or sale or transfer of assets by Rooted Farmers outside the normal course of business, customer information may be transferred to third parties that are interested in investing in our company or purchasing our assets and their legal and business advisors.
- (e) Research Partners - Rooted Farmers may share information with research partners, such as academic institutions and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, to collaborate on data-based research, including to advance scholarship and study aggregated agricultural trends and patterns. Before sharing information with research partners, we take steps to deidentify the information, including aggregation and removing information that directly identifies any individuals.
Please note that our Site may contain links to other sites. When you access a third party's website, even one that may contain the Rooted Farmers name or logo and content regarding Rooted Farmers services and products, please understand that the website is independent of Rooted Farmers. We do not control the privacy policies of any third party sites. If you click-through a banner ad or link to a third party site and submit your information, you will be subject to the privacy policies of those third parties. We assume no responsibility or liability for any third party policies or the actions of third parties. A link to a third-party website is not an endorsement.
If you are a California resident and wish to opt out of sharing your personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please email Company at email@example.com and clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
We also use a service provided by Mixpanel, Inc. (“Mixpanel”) to provide us with analytics data regarding users' interactions with our Site. You may opt out by visiting https://mixpanel.com/optout.
Online Tracking and Do Not Track Signals
You may limit online tracking by:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject third-party cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt outs. The following advertising partners offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Controlling Use of Your Personal Data
Although we will use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the privacy of your personal data, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. Rooted Farmers assumes no liability for the disclosure of data due to errors in transmission or actions of unauthorized third parties. Rooted Farmers cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Our Services are not intended for use by children without the consent of their parents or guardians. If we learn that we have collected personal data through our Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about the privacy of your information, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: January 10, 2024