Rooted Farmers is an agricultural technology startup dedicated to providing small and mid-size farms with the tools and resources necessary for growing and scaling their businesses. We serve as a software and online sales platform, providing for inventory management and analytics, and connecting farmers with wholesale and retail buyers.
Rooted is comprised of a small but growing team of mission-driven individuals based in the Northeast. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is committed to empowering farmers to compete in a global economy while increasing the market share of sustainably-grown agriculture.
This is a full-time, remote role.
- You can build scalable web apps. You have at least 5+ years of software development building web-based software products. You’ve worked across the stack, and though you may know more front-end frameworks or building web services, you can dive into any aspect of an application. Rooted Farmers is built on TypeScript (Node.js and React), PostgreSQL, and GCP.
- You can build frontend components. You’ve used a modern frontend framework to develop frontend components. You value user experience and think about reuse as well.
- You care about users. You spend most of your time coding but are driven by solving user needs. You contribute to design and product strategy discussions with a broad understanding of both the constraints and opportunities created by technology.
- You value code quality. You understand that testing your code and good code coverage is essential in delivering a solid product. You know how to document well and lean on automation whenever possible. You understand tech debt and can formulate a plan to address it, but know how to ship production-ready code.
- You have a systems-oriented mindset. You're inquisitive. You build a deep understanding of problems and are good at spotting patterns. You understand how to design and implement end-to-end software systems.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Building and scaling web products that directly impact our customers or partners
- Developing frontend components and UIs that are reusable and highly performant
- Designing and building RESTful APIs to be used in a front-end application
- Monitoring reliability and performance through dashboards and tools to ensure availability
- Digging into bugs and feature requests
- Working with stakeholders across Rooted Farmers to help them deliver value to customers in new and exciting ways
- Helping other engineers on the team
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in Web/Software Development
- 3+ years experience with TypeScript (Node.js and React), PostgreSQL, HTML, CSS
- Demonstrated experience in DevOps and operating deployed systems
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Bonus if you have:
- Scrum master experience/certification
- Familiarity with Next.js
- Management experience/training
- Startup experience
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work arrangements
- Remote work stipend to cover home office technology setup
- Potential to grow in your role and make an impact!