Rooted Farmers is an agricultural technology startup dedicated to providing small and mid-size farms with the tools and resources necessary for growing and scaling their businesses. We serve as a software and online sales platform, providing farms with tools and analytics to support inventory management and sales, connecting farmers with wholesale and retail buyers.
Rooted is comprised of a small but growing team of mission-driven individuals based in the Northeast. We are seeking an Operations & Customer Success Intern who is committed to empowering farmers to compete in a global economy while increasing the market share of sustainably-grown agriculture.
This is a full-time role, able to accommodate either a summer-only internship or a longer time frame. Rooted has supported both coops for course credit, as well as paid internships in the past. You will work remotely, and should ideally be located in the Northeast to facilitate some regular in-person collaboration.
- You are passionate about making the world a better place. You are looking for ways to drive impact on climate change, to improve outcomes for underserved communities, to support rural agricultural economies, or to lift up women-run businesses.
- You are excited about learning and comfortable asking questions. You are self-motivated and able to work in autonomous environments, but also enjoy working within a growing team.
- You value quality output and attention to detail. You understand that your work is a vital contribution toward the broader mission for our small team, and respect the collaborative nature of our approach to problem-solving.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Supporting ongoing customer relationships with both individual members as well as producer hubs
- Reviewing membership applications from both producers and buyers
- Maintaining a detailed understanding of products and services, and assisting members with questions to drive product adoption and ensure they are leveraging the platform to its full value
- Proactively sharing ideas and customer feedback to drive improvements in our systems and platform
- Building trust and transparency with new members and serve as an advocate for our member community
- Completed 1-2 years of undergraduate coursework
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal